Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sex tape

With a pounding heart and panting breath, I ran in my class 5 minutes late after standing in a non budging traffic jam for almost two entire hours! Before I could say something my professor said with a smirk "next time, don't stand in front of the mirror too long" I was still out of breath from running to my class so didn't reply and just gave her a little smile, but I wish I told her "Hey, I spent two hours in a car, ruining the environment for your little class and btw I only spent 15 minutes in front of the mirror"  unlike this professor who looks like she uses up an entire jar of selftanner, EVERY DAY!

 It's weird when you are active in two completely different worlds... in the music industry I'm constantly talking and working with "adults" and they see me (well most of the time, i think :p) as an equal, but in school this isn't the case. You have to be careful what to say, and for some reason teachers still treat you as inferior. Even though I'm twenty, I still have to ask permission to go to the ladiesroom, am not aloud to drink in the library and  am not even aloud to use my laptop in class (don't ask me why). So it's weird that all of a sudden I have to act like a kid, whilst most of the time I have to act grown up and businessy to break through in the musicindustry...

Anyways, besides that I had a very interesting interview today. The girl who interviewed me is a journalist student investigating the hows and whats of becoming a "star". With all the social media today, does it help to get your name out there and does it make it easier? Or is it just broadening the competition and making it even harder for people to notice you? Is there such a thing as social media overload? Can people get sick of you tweeting, posting and blogging about yourself and can it cost you fans instead of getting them? I'm not sure about the answers. I recently just started posting Youtube video's of myself, even though I feel a little stupid doing it, but do you just have to grab every little opportunity available out there in order to spread your  name?
What do you guys think?

Let me know!
xoxo
Alice

1 comment:

  1. I think the social media does make it easier for artists to get closer with fans. So you should definitely post youtube videos and tweet as much as you can.. It'll give you more chance to get your name out there than just sitting, waiting and watching for something to happen..

    Btw I LOOOVE this video! i'm addicted to it, probably listened to it a million times by now! :)

    Good Luck,

    Phoebe

    ReplyDelete