Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quinoa Salad Recipe

Hi guys, yesterday I made my family and I some yummy lunch and because this is such a random blog I decided to post the recipe, just in case you're bored and are interested in making a healthy dish.
This recipe uses Quinoa which is a grain, it tastes a bit like pasta but is gluten free and is comparable to cous cous but with way more protein so perfect for the vegetarianos :-) 


2 cups of Quinoa


With 4 cups of water
Boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes
until the Quinoa has absorbed the water and looks fluffy (ish)



Chop up some veggies you like
I added shallot, sun-dried tomatoes, tomatoes, salad, corn and peas


In a pan, heat up a dash of olive oil and salt, add the shallot and let it cook for 2 minutes.
Then add the cooked (and drained) quinoa and veggies.
When it is all throughly heated, take off heat and add some pesto sauce and herbs of your choice.


Serve as lunch or side dish for dinner


I ate it with some mozzarella which was delish.

but the fun thing is that you can add whatever you like and you can't really go wrong!
Enjoy and let me know how it worked out!
xoxo
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment