Monday, May 30, 2011

what do we want?


It seems that there is no right or wrong way of loving in our society anymore. This is not a bad thing, I think, just a bit confusing. On the one hand people seem to be going back to the traditional “k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage” but then there’s also the exact opposite; people getting into open relationships, or choosing to be a single parent, or you know the endless amount of possibilities we have now-a-days.  
 For me personally though, I’m not sure what I would want. Right now nothing. And if you know me, you know I change my mind quite a lot, so I don’t think I should decide now what I want in the future. I think we don’t really know what we want anymore because everywhere around us people are divorcing and cheating and there is stress and unhappiness. It scares us. But does it make us wiser or just cowards? I guess if I have to choose, that in the end I would like to have a family of my own… but is this just because that’s how we have been raised, and because watching endless amounts of disney movie’s have brainwashed us? Don’t get me wrong, I love Disney, but still it always ends with the princess and the prince living happily ever after. And to be honest, I don’t know one couple that is living the happily ever after life they’ve been promised. Anyways, is there only one real definition of a family? 
For now, I believe that we can love, and it is good to love and be loved. But it doesn’t have to last. We have more than one soulmate. It is wise to let go, stay friends and be happy. Being happy is the most important, and if someone makes you happy then be with that person. If they don’t make you happy, then it is time to move on.
The one thing I’m not sure about is, when this person doesn’t make you happy anymore, is it worth fighting for? Maybe you’ve had your moment and weren’t meant to be together forever. Is fighting a waste of time, and will it just ruin a friendship? Or does it really make a relationship stronger like some people say? I guess if you think that you’ve given it your best and it still doesn’t work out, that’s when you should stop it. But when is enough, enough? 
It is simple actually: are you happy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment