Friday, May 20, 2011

Single and ready to mingle?


So I'm recently single. Well depends on what you consider recent; for me it feels like ages already but it's been more or less two months. You decide. In these two months, which has btw probably been the longest time i've been single since in a while (serial monogamist), I've realized it's so easy to be in love. Don't get me wrong; I don't crush easily but i just love being in love. Ever since my ex and I broke up (mutual decision, good guy, but didn't work out) it's like i have so much free time to just do nothing and think. And this is, I realize, why I (and prob everyone else) love being in love... when you are in this crazy rush of endorphins, even when ur not with the lucky guy you can still think about him. Think about the funny things that happened to you as a couple, think about the romantic memories, your future babies, you ripping his shirt off (ok I'll stop myself right here) but you know... But now when I'm bored and my mind starts buzzing, it's like hmmm what should i think about, and it's scary because you start thinking about yourself and who you are, what you want and realize you don't really know any of  the above. This makes me nervous. And then before i know it I have to stop myself from grabbing my cell and texting the cutest, funniest, smartest, hell first name under A guy, in order to stop myself from thinking these crazy thoughts. You know just as a diversion. Luckily I've been able to resist (so far). But it's damn hard to be alone, just you by yourself. So I've told myself, no relationships until I can just relax in my room all by myself and not be freaked out  but just be at peace and happy. Maybe only the odd FFF (friendships,flings and fwbs), we'll see, although I guess that's still a diversion so not really fair. So now when I see one of my single friends jump at their phones when we're having a girls night, I understand. I never knew it was like this. But i'm learning to enjoy it, and I'm having a blast with my girlfriends. 
Single and ready to mingle ;-)

4 comments:

  1. That's actually really cute Alice!!!
    Hope you find the special one sooner or later!!
    :D Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. just remeber that all your single friends loooove uuuu ;)
    xxxx Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. check out: www.365daysofintentionalsingledom@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this whilst searching for something else but i read the above and i have to say, I think you are so right to have a break. I had the same problem albeit from a male perspective. I jumped from relationship to relationship, some lengthy, some not so lengthy but i didnt know how to be single. As you said, i didnt know how to be myself and my confidence eventually suffered. I also believe that, had i been more independant in the first place, One of the women i had previously been out with would have worked out and we would still be together today. I took a break from women completely for a year and it is the best thing i have ever done. It allowed me to completely know myself and my next relationship was with my now wife and we have a baby on the way.

    ReplyDelete