Thursday, May 26, 2011

Is it our turn to man up?







Under the smoldering sun, my girlfriends and I were talking away with a tasty bagel in one hand and an ice caramel latte in the other. Now the topic du jour... boys, seems like a constant in pretty much every conversation. One way or the other it's a reoccurring theme and we can't seem to talk about much else. (shoes, make up, annoying girls and boys. Hot boys, mean guys, sexy studs, a-holes, how we want a man, need a man, how to dump one, control one, ....)
We ended up talking about how these days boys, stay boys... they don't act like men any more. You know the rough, ballsy, go get'em type that secretly every girl wants. We don't wanna hear about your feelings, just throw us around the room and we're happy. 
The thought of the day was: should we still sit back and wait for the guy to ask us out on a date? Wait for the guy to send the first text or is it our turn to man up and take the first step. 
And then, an admittedly funny but very scary thought was thrown in the group... in a few years, our grand daughters will probably be the ones asking boys out and this will be a normal "man to man" conversation:
a: "Dude, I've been waiting for a text from her for over an hour already!"
b: "Why don't you just send a text first?"
a: "Are you crazy, hells no I'm sending her a text first! That's her job, if she wants me she better work for it"
b: "Aw man, ur totally right... Yesterday, this chick made a move on me, but I totally gave her the cheek!"
a & b:"hahahhah"


We all love the game, but we don't wanna play alone. 
You know what, I don't care about being a modern ballsy gal, I don't have balls... I wanna be chased and pursued.  Want him to practically beg me out on a date and woo me all the way. I think we pretty much all agree... right girls?
So our message to modern boys out there:
Man Up! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment