Sunday, November 21, 2010

English Shopping


I spent my weekend in Nottingham, famous for Robin Hood, lace and coincidently also my best friend/muse's home town. Whenever I go to England I know I won't come back empty-handed but empty-'walleted'... (lucky for me that I just got a Visa woohoo! though maybe not so safe/smart) I'm not sure which city I love more; London is amazing, vibrant and sizzling but Nottingham definitely has its charm. When you go to Nottingham you get a taste of the 'real' England; the good, the bad and the ugly. The town centre is cosy, they have amazing bargain and outlet shops and in no time you are in the breath taking country (and since it's a student town the drinks are mega cheap). Here are some of my favorite shops that I can't miss when I'm across the pond..

-Primark; Super cheap and always on top of the latest trends, avoid in weekends or you'll have to cue for hours.
-River Island; Awesome shoes, awesome clothes, awesome everything... Seems like the prices are going up sadly enough though. !Their first store opened on the Meir in Antwerp, Belgium not so long ago!
-Next; Amazing clothes yet a tad pricey so I always drop by their outlet store in McArthur Glenn.
-Tesco; A superbig supermarket chain, I must admit though that I don't go there for the beef but for the clothes and CD department. Their brand F&F, is very affordable and you can always find 2 or 3 amazing pieces.
-Jane Norman; You have to look good to find something because some of the pieces can be on the edge of being slightly trashy but you can find some winners.
-la SENZA; They have some really good christmas presents on sale at the moment, already bought a load of pressies here.
-TK Maxx; Designer labels for less. You can find amazing beauty products and clothes here for a fraction of their original price.
-Claire's; Don't really attempt entering this store in Belgium because it is always tiny and crammed, but bought some very cool boots here yesterday so if you're feeling adventurous...
-Bank; a store I discovered in Nottingham this weekend, has some very cool labels like Lipsy, Paul's Boutique, UGG,...
And when you're in London you can't not go to Selfridges, Topshop and Anthropology.

Hope you all had a fun weekend and are fresh and ready for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment