Monday, November 29, 2010

Bird food and Russian hats

Birdbaaaalls :-)
Jacket: New Look
Stockings & socks: New Look
Shoes: Claire's

Today I discovered that we still had some bird food balls so I decided it was time to hang them up outside, hoping it's not too late for the poor little birdies (I did some bird cries and some answered so we know they're still out there!) (ok some of you might think "bird cries?" I'm really good at reenacting animal sounds, I talk to my cats aaaall the time :p) Anyways, in these cold times I often rarely leave my house, I love cold winter walks but it's just so nice and comforting inside that it often gets the upper hand. But today when I ventured out, the fresh tingling air felt so good that I remembered how much I love the outside, and it's too bad that I so often get stuck in my comfort zone instead of pushing my barriers and adventuring out into the wild world. But then again there's nothing wrong with being a girl that loves comfort. I used to be quite the party girl but honestly these days I'd rather stay inside with my family and watch some telly, hang out in the sofa and bake with my sisters. Clubbing, especially in the colder seasons just isn't my cup of tea anymore :p 
I don't know if it's because I'm getting older and wiser and realized there's more to life than downing tequila shots, or maybe I've just become a boring old lady but whatever it is, it's funny how much you can change in just a few years. 
I remember there were times when I couldn't wait till it was friday, and would barely be home the entire weekend. Maybe it's because my family went through a rough patch then, and now 4ish years later, we've been through divorce, fights, lost friendships and drama but I've never loved my family more. Maybe we're catching up on lost time. Hanging out in the sofa with my mom and three sisters, or having a quiet fun (well quiet will never happen :p) dinner is awesome now but used to be rare, or lets just say often paired with drama and a lot of yelling... So even though now we may not be the stereotype traditional family, we are a happy one. 

Doesn't this hat make me look Russian? Hi I'm Svetlana :-)

I love this skirt, I bought it in Forever 21 on my first trip in New York
How cute are my cats!!!


What u lookin at?


No comments:

Post a Comment